Lets just get right to it! This is the other half of my final project for level 2. For this part, I was tasked with creating 4 masculine cards with a birthday, love/thinking of you, anniversary, and encouragement theme.
I decided to keep the colours scheme simple – dark grey and white.
You can see the other half of this project here – DIY Clock – Upcycled Altenew Packaging
I selected 3 themes from both level 1 and 2 of the classes.
- Die cutting – this was an easy choice. I love die cutting, as a simple die cut can change the overall look of a card – adding dimension and character.
- Impressive heat embossing – this is a great technique, because, in my opinion, this is the best way to add lighter coloured images to dark paper. White on dark coloured paper can really make your images pop!
- Let it shine – I love a little shine, especially if it’s subtle. I have a glitter brush pen that adds stunning shimmer, but don’t utilize much outside of Christmas, so this was a chance for me to break that habit.
- Altenew Mega YOU Die
- Altenew Striped Circle Stamp Set
- Altenew Geo Frames Die
- Altenew Birthday Greetings Stamp & Die
- Altenew Festive Foliage – Heart Die
- Altenew Modern Hello Stamp Set – Sentiment
- Timeless Tulips Stamp Set – Sentiment
- White Embossing Powder
- Versamark Ink
- Lawn Fawn Storm Cloud Cardstock
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Glitter Brush Pen Clear
I wanted to make a quick note, here – when reviewing the photos of the cards, I noticed that the photos look muted of all colour. The photos appear to have been altered in some way like I used some sort of filter – notice the coloured gems in the photos. This is not the case, but they look pretty cool – pun intended. 😉
I created a video showing how each card was made. To really see the shimmer/shine on my cards, I recommend watching the video, as the photos don’t pick it up quite like the video.
Card 1 – Encouragement
This was inspired by Altenew’s Diamond Frame Cover Die. I kept seeing cards with this die and loved the design. I realized I could create this design with my new stamp from the Striped Circle Stamp Set.
Card 2 – Love
This card really speaks for itself. I love it!
Card 3 – Happy Birthday
A bouquet of balloons is never wrong!
Card 4 – Anniversary
That’s it for level 2!!! Can’t wait to see what Level 3 brings.
3D Words AECP Level 1 AECP Level 2 AECP Level 3 Alcohol Inks Alphabet Die Altenew Blending CardKit Cardmaking Challenge Christmas Copics Crepe Paper Crepe Paper Flowers Design Team Distress Oxide Inks dry eraser Foiling glider Glitter Hot Foil Markers Masculine Card PanPastels Papercraft Business Peonies Pink Ink Designs Silhouette Designs Simon Says Stamp Slimline Stamp stamping glider Stencil Storage and Decor Vinyl Watercoloring Zig ZIG Real Watercolor Brush Pens