Clean and Simple (CAS) cards are not my strong suit. I have a problem with empty space. Ha! I’m always looking for new ways to fill up my backgrounds, so I was excited about this class and a little apprehensive at the same time. In this class, it’s more about saying a lot by keeping it simple; hence the Clean and Simple. This class showed me how to use multiple techniques to keep my cards simplistic, and even showed cards with a lot of empty space. So, I picked a small stamp and went for it.
Above is my submission card, but I ended up with 4 cards in the end. I used multiple mediums on this stamp – some worked well, some didn’t, in my opinion. Why? I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, I’m not very good at coloring. I know, practice makes perfect, and I am getting better, but WOW, I need a lot of practice.
For now, I’ll stick to talking about my submission card, and show off my others at the end of this post.
- Altenew’s One of a Kind Mini Stamp
- Altenew’s Tranquility Stamp Set – Sentiment
- Zig Real Brush Markers
- Bristol 300 Smooth Paper
- Momento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Distress Oxide Ink – Antique Linen
Not a lot to talk about here. Great isn’t it? Less reading for you.
I stamped the mini flower from One of a Kind stamp set using antique linen (distress oxide) and colored my flower using Zig real brush markers. These markers move beautifully on the Bristol smooth paper, allowing me to blend 2 colors seamlessly. I used my Momento black ink (momento tuxedo black ink is amazing for thicker sentiments) to stamp the ‘Thank you’ sentiment from Altenew’s Tranquility Rose Stamp set. I cut the panel slightly smaller than A2 and adhered it to kraft colored card base.
That’s it. Done. It was hard for me to leave all that empty white space.
I was hoping for more defined petals, but again, coloring is not my strong suit.
The Other Cards
This one is similar to my submission card – using Zig markers but having more outlined petals, and I used masking to create a frame for my flower and sentiment.
For the card below, I used copics to color my flower and some splatter. I didn’t plan on using splatter but I got a yellow dot on my panel with one of my markers. So…yellow splatter to hide my oopsie.
I used a technique on the card below I would like to try again in the future. I wet Prima Marketing Watercolor pans and used the pans to ink up the stamp. I then used a wet brush to move some of the color around. I like the look this gave me but I think I can do better with a bit more practice. I even used this technique for the sentiment.
That’s it for this class…see you at the next one – Easy Ink Blending Techniques.
3D Words AECP Level 1 AECP Level 2 Alphabet Die Altenew Blending CardKit Cardmaking Challenge Christmas Copics Crepe Paper Crepe Paper Flowers Design Team Distress Oxide Inks dry eraser Foiling glider Glitter Markers Masculine Card PanPastels Papercraft Business Peonies Pink Ink Designs Silhouette Designs Simon Says Stamp Slimline Stamp stamping glider Stencil Storage and Decor Vinyl Watercoloring Zig ZIG Real Watercolor Brush Pens
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge – Anything Goes