Vase Shaker Card

Shaker cards are not my forté. Almost every shaker card I make I end up having to re-do it, because I put the foam in the wrong spot, the acetate in the wrong spot, or too much glue which got all over the acetate. Yep, shaker cards are not my thing. I know this, so I do my best to really pay close attention to what I’m doing when I make one. I did pretty good on this one. It only took one attempt. 😁

Supplies used:

  • Altenew Poppy Garden Stamp and Die set
  • Copics W-1, W-3, W-5, Blender
  • Accent Opaque White Cardstock Paper
  • Vase Die
  • Momento Tuxedo black ink
  • Simon Says Stamp Sequins Flowering Clover
  • Altenew Misty Morning Ink
  • Acetate
  • Simon Says Stamp Craft Tacky Glue
  • Scrapbook.com double sided tape
  • Heffy Doodle Classic Sentiments

First, I die cut the flowers, stems and leaves. Then I used the outline paper to position my cuts and line up my stamps on those cuts – then used my positioner to stamp my image. I usually don’t do this, but I find I spend less time lining up my stamps than I do a die on a stamped image. This is something I plan on doing more often in the future.

Cuts made first, then stamped

I used my warm grays to add some colour but wanted to make sure there was a lot of white showing as well. DISCLAIMER – this is my first time using my copics on a project. I just got them and I’m in love with how well these work.

I then used my vase die and made a cut on my panel, but I didn’t use the entire length of the die. I took a blade and cut the vase short. I knew I wouldn’t need the height of the full vase.

My results using my gray copics
I didn’t use the full length of the die, and cut the vase out

I attached my acetate, cut out another vase on craft foam for the back of the panel, and attached my stems between the foam and the panel. I added my sequins and pulled out my Altenew Morning Misty for the background of the vase.

I didn’t screw this up.
Misty Morning worked really well as a background colour for this vase.

Then I lined up my flowers, used press’n seal to keep them in place and used foam tape to give the front flowers dimension.

I used the happy birthday sentiment from Heffy Doodle Classic Sentiments on a banner strip and positioned in across the vase. And finally, I added some sequins for a little something extra.

3D Words AECP Level 1 AECP Level 2 Alcohol Inks Alphabet Die Altenew Blending CardKit Cardmaking Challenge Christmas Copics Crepe Paper Crepe Paper Flowers Design Team Distress Oxide Inks dry eraser Foiling glider Glitter Markers Masculine Card PanPastels Papercraft Business Peonies Pink Ink Designs Silhouette Designs Simon Says Stamp Slimline Stamp stamping glider Stencil Storage and Decor Vinyl Watercoloring Zig ZIG Real Watercolor Brush Pens

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: